Importance of Pawanmuktasana
We all know that how effective Yoga and its Asanas are and just like any other yoga asana, Pawanmuktasana is one of the most effective asanas. The word Pawanmuktasana is a Sanskrit word structured with three different words; Pawan means Air or Wind, Mukt means Release or Free from, and Asana means Pose or Body Posture.
Pawanmuktasana in Yoga helps to release the toxic gases out of your body. It works on the abdominal system. With the help of this asana, you can keep your stomach healthy, light, and positively functional.
It is very easy to perform & practice every day. It takes few minutes of your daily routine and gives you the best results to get rid of the toxic gases stuck in your internal system.
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana
- The major benefit of Pawanmuktasana is that it helps you release out all the toxic & poisonous gases from your body.
- It helps you become more flexible as you practice it regularly.
- Your stomach gets clean easily & it feels lighter all the time.
- You encounter lesser stomach-related illness as it helps you to keep your stomach clean & healthy.
- It improves the functioning of your spine. It also works on minor spinal problems.
- This asana strengthens the major body joints to keep you firm.
- It works on the overall weight reduction process but majorly targets the abdominal portion.
- This asana is very effective to maintain the good health of your abdominal areas and it reduces fat around it.
- It also helps you to improve your digestive system so that your metabolism works efficiently.
- It eases tension, especially in the lower back.
- You can add it to your daily exercise routines for better results. Pawanmuktasana is less time taking exercise and physical activity. All you need is a couple of minutes out of your daily routine.
Steps to do Pawanmuktasana
It is very easy to perform this asana regularly. There are certain steps that you need to be followed to execute it perfectly. You must follow each step carefully in order to avoid any accidents or physical injury. Pawanmuktasana steps are as follows;
- Use a plain surface area to execute this asana, you need to lie down straight on your back first.
- Now breathe in as you slowly raise your legs at a 90-degree angle.
- Thereafter, breathe out and bend your legs to touch your knees and chest together at a point.
- Now lock your knees with your fingers locked and grip them tight.
- Slowly bring your head and knees near to each other and try to touch them.
- Now hold the pose for a while and keep breathing.
- Afterward, release the pose gradually and come back to the straight posture.
- Now repeat the whole process two to three times more.
- You can increase the repetitions to have better results.
ALSO READ – How Hanumanasana Help Women to Get an Attractive and Strong Body?
Who Should Not Practice Pawanmuktasana?
- The person who is suffering from any spinal injury or has gone through any spinal surgery should not practice Pawanmuktasana.
- An individual who is having a savior condition of Blood Pressure, Diabetes, or any Heart Disease.
- Pawanmuktasana yoga must not be practiced during the pregnancy period.
- It should not be performed by those individuals who are suffering from piles.
- Pawanmuktasana must not be exercised during menstruation.
- It can be very harmful to those who are suffering from Hernia disease.
- The Pawanmuktasana is not recommended to those who are having slip disc problems or cervical issues.
- People with testicular disorders should not practice Pawanmuktasana.
Individuals with overweight should avoid practicing it, they should start with the basic yoga asanas.