The Coronavirus also termed as Novel Coronavirus more specifically had hit India in the last week of February 2020 when the public was not aware of the attack of Coronavirus in India. It is a family of deadly viruses causing cold viral to the acute respiratory syndrome. Earlier, Coronavirus came in the picture with cold and fever viral symptoms.
But the current virus is of novel strain and it is not seen before by any medical research and development authorities in the world. The Novel Coronavirus has a deadly impact on the respiratory system of its victim.
The virus was originated from Wuhan City, China which is also known for having a research laboratory for studying several deadly biological viruses. After the failure of the test on the virus, Wuhan City was under great risk immediately which resulted in thousands of positive cases suffering from COVID-19.
In the report of WHO, there are 933 identified total cases in India till now and 20 cases of deaths. After suspecting the spread of this virus Indian Govt. immediately announced for a medical emergency in the country and declared the quarantine situation.
The WHO confirmed more than 600,000 positive cases and about 28000 deaths globally whereas, 132,000 patients have been recovered. Although, new confirmed cases are coming into the pictures every day from different countries.
Facts on Novel Coronavirus in India
- On March 10, 2020, Indian govt. issued an advisory that stated that all the Indian citizens must avoid foreign flights if the purpose of the visit is not important and there is no such emergency. It was initiated on the basis of news updates from the world that in more than 100 countries COVID-19 virus has hit the mass population of human races.
- The same day, 58 Indians were brought to India from Iran where Corona had hit badly. The rescue operation was executed with the help of an aircraft of the Indian Air Force used for military transportation.
- All the flight and regular visas for traveling abroad are canceled by the official under the precautionary measures.
- of India issued a strong advisory to Indian citizens not to travel to China, Italy, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, and the Republic of Korea as maximum corona positive cases were from these countries.
- Indian Prime Minister Narender Singh Modi proposed “Janata Curfew” on March 22, 2020, in the whole country.
- On the very next day on March 23, 2020, P.M. Modi announced a total block down in the whole country and 29 states for 21 days forced on the advice health ministry.
- In Kerala, more than 1100 people are under suspect observation and more than 150 are kept under isolation wards in different hospitals. And many citizens are kept under home quarantine conditions.
- A software engineer from the Karnataka state of India became the first positive case of the COVID-19 virus immediately after returning from the United States on March 1, 2020. Later on, Tuesday, his wife and daughter were also found coronavirus positive.
- Manipur and Mizoram have closed their borders for Myanmar & Bangladesh fearing the spread of coronavirus.
- With the effect of overall lockdown, all the public sector operations, offices, and establishments have been closed except a few departments dealing in mandatory services. Apart from this all the private sectors, schools, colleges, kinder gardens, shopping malls, cinema theatres, public parks, etc. were asked to be closed till 31 March 2020.
- The govt. announced that during the lockdown period all the temples, gurudwara, mosques and churches will be closed to support the lockdown and safety of people.
- The export of 26 pharmaceutical ingredients like vitamins, hormones, and antibiotics of Paracetamol, Metronidazole, Tinidazole, etc. had been banned from foreign countries.